22-02-2017 11:09 PM
I am fairly convinced EE are cheating on data usage. I have been with o2 for a very long time and I consistently used 2-3gb of data. I even streamed Apple Music on occasion and NEVER exceeded 4gb in one month.
I bought an ee phone contract in Dec 16 as it was cheaper per month. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.
Upon on receiving the phone I stupidly put my o2 SIM card in my new iPhone 7 and locked the phone to o2. In took just over a month to unlock the phone and use my EE sim. During this month I used my phone without restriction including streaming music and used 3gb of data.
When I switched to EE within days I got a text saying I had used ALL of my 2gb data. I was shocked and thought perhaps I had accidentally downloaded apps whilst out. I changed settings on my iPhone to stop this and bought an extra and expensive 10gb. Within TWO WEEKS I got a text saying I had used all of the 10gb of data!! At this point I knew something was wrong I have never used this much data in my life. I am a 30 year old women with a busy job it's not possible. At this point I am only using instagram, Snapchat on occasion, safari browsing and what's app. I do not stream watch YouTube or use Facebook.
at this point I called EE and explained the situation and how I knew it wasn't accurate, also my data counter on my phone was vastly different. I received a very condensing response about streaming and Facebook the woman didn't listen to me at all. 3 further conversations later I finally got someone to call tech support who basically told me their data counters are correct at that is that.
I am now at the point where I basically cannot use my phone out of the house. I have turned mobile data off for everything except safari and what's app. During the last 9 days EE data counter says that I have used 2.7 of data. My phone says 1.3gb [roughly half interestingly enough].
There is no possible way I have used 2.7gb of data in 9 days on safari browsing and what's app. I have never streamed anything in this time.
Ee refuse to acknowledge the problem. Googling says I am not the only one. They are ripping off so many people. Now I am stuck with this useless contract for another 21 months. I am furious.
22-02-2017 11:32 PM
Try restricting background data & software update only over WiFi.
23-02-2017 05:51 AM
I have done all of that. Turned off wifi assist. Reset network settings. Everything. The only thing that has changed is the network and suddenly I'm haemorrhaging data.
23-02-2017 08:38 AM - edited 23-02-2017 08:40 AM