by xpz393 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Cap sharer data

I have a number of SIM cards for the family on a shared data plan with EE, having recently moved from a similar setup on Vodafone.

I am the account holder (leader) with the main tariff, and have 4 sharer SIM cards for family members on my plan. This means we each get unlimited calls/texts, and share the one big pot of data.

The problem I have with this setup is that the big pot of data is currently a ‘free-for-all’ for all sharers, meaning that we’re at risk of one SIM accidentally using up all of the data for the group. To avoid this situation, I would like to be able to specify a data cap for each of the sharer SIMs, and (crucially) be able to increase this data cap with immediate effect if one of the SIMs needs a little more that month.

Sharer SIM data capping is possible with Vodafone* but I can’t find any way of doing it on my EE portal. Can anyone advise?

*Source: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/shared-data-red-plus/

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Cap sharer data

@xpz393   The data is a first come first serve, You can not set a limit on who is allocated what data. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This wasn't possible when I had a sharer sim.

You could turn data off per sim but not cap it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

I hope that's not still the case @BrendonH - turning the data off would defeat the purpose of a shared package for us 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@xpz393   The data is a first come first serve, You can not set a limit on who is allocated what data. 

Established Contributor

@Chris_B: I suspected as much - this is going to leave me with quite a challenge keeping the family members in-check!

EE moderators - when you read this, could you advise your process for submitting feature requests? As this has been proven possible by Vodafone, I expect it's something which you guys could deliver being as you usually seem ahead of the curve with mobile features 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@xpz393 It is a great feature to have. I also used the sharer sim on my account so it wasn't a big issue for me.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xpz393

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

I will certainly pass this on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.