by Revolg Investigator
Investigator

Cant connect to ip camera over 4g,spoke with tech and they say ee/apple glitch?

Bought ip camera works fine on ee bb but won’t connect to 4g, tech team says it ee/apple glitch,anyone with similar issue as they say wont be fixed until apple sort it?

9 REPLIES 9
by Revolg Investigator
Investigator

Re: Cant connect to ip camera over 4g,spoke with tech and they say ee/apple glit

Its victure ip320
Colleague has same camera on 02 iphone and that works fine on 4g,ee tech did say it was ee/apple issue,was only wondering if anyone with similar problem had workaround

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cant connect to ip camera over 4g,spoke with tech and they say ee/apple glit

@Revolg  You’ll probably find it’s the app/camera that you are using as it’s not IPv6 compatible and unti the manufacture updates it you’ll have issue.  Might be worth contacting them about it. 

What camera is it ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Revolg  Can you try it over 3G ? What’s possible on one network is not the same as another network as the manufacturer needs to update their software to the lasted standards. 

by Revolg Investigator
Investigator

Yes tried it on 3g,no joy same issue with previous camera different brand which I thought was camera issue but worked on wife’s samsung ee 4g

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Revolg Investigator
Investigator

Thanks,so in a nutshell i cant use it and rendered useless unless over WIFI,until something happens with EE,apologies if thats what you meant as although I’m not bad with tech the terminology baffles me.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Revolg  Sorry it’s not the limitation of EE it’s the manufacture of the camera they need to update their software. 

I’ve got 2 brands of camera and both work fine over 4G.  So if it was an EE issue why do mine both work. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

CGNAT is a well known limitation of the EE mobile network & it is much talked about all over the Broadband community.

I too have an IP Camera that would not be hampered by CGNAT but not all manufacturers provide Cloud based systems dependant on the device itself "phoning-home" at regular intervals.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Revolg Investigator
Investigator

I can only go with what EE tech told me which was it was EE/Apple issue(not sure how its apple) not the camera, i also have had two brands of camera and neither of them have worked over 4g but fine on WIFI.

Sent from my iPhone
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.