by milkbubble Investigator
Investigator

Cannot remove data add-on

I ran out of data over the Christmas period when I was away from home and purchased a 1GB add on to allow me to use my phone until I returned home and had access to Wifi.  I now no longer need this add on but I am unable to cancel it on  my account so I am now having to pay for an extra 1GB of data which I will never use.  Why am I not able to cancel it?

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Cannot remove data add-on

Hello @milkbubble if you are unable to remove it online by navigating to MYEE>plan & add ons after logging in please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access the account and remove this for you. 

If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 😞
by ukperson Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@milkbubble

you cant remove active addons (you have already been charged for it)

the addon lasts for one calendar month (or until your monthly billing date) once it expires it will not auto renew (unless you called EE up to make it recurring addon) if you manully  added it you don't need to do any thing it will just expire on its own

Investigator

It's been auto-renewing every month.....

Investigator

Thank you. It's quite annoying that it's not available to do online as it's difficult for me to make phone calls during my working day. I usually do everything online 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@milkbubble   Call customer services and ask them to remove it if you can not do it yourself from within your account.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @milkbubble sorry for the inconvenience it is for billing and security reasons that only customer service can remove recurring add ons from an account.

Once the request has been processed the add on will naturally drop off the account when your bill next generates or when it is all used up and expires. 🙂
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @milkbubble.

Thanks for coming here.

Is the account with us on an EE personal contract?

I will see if our online chat team can help you with this 🙂

Investigator

Is there an option to talk to online chat as I have not found one and that would be really helpful as I cannot make a call

by

Hi @milkbubble.

Is your account on an EE personal contract?

If so I will send you the link to chat, if not you would need to give us a call.

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

Yes, I'm on an EE personal contract 

by

Great thanks @milkbubble.

I have sent you a private message on here with a link to the chat team.

They can help you get this looked into 🙂

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.