by terencewatts Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Cannot connect to training platform

I have the new 4Gee modem but cannot connect to one of the online training platforms with it. Also cannot connect to my FTP client. Anybody have an answer?

22 REPLIES 22
by liam413 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to training platform

Have you blocked the ftp port 21 through your firewall or modem?

Established Contributor

No - I have another EE account and access everything well enough through that... I opened an extra account because I need more data and wanted it in two places in case something failed while I'm training online (It has happened)

The other accounnt is on a different router/modem though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What is the URL of the online training platform?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

More preceisley, I can connect to the platform but it doesn't connect into the classroom part of it - just shows the graphics and the message 'Trying to connect to whiteboard' but doesn't ever do so. the URL is http://www.wiziq.com - but it will connect at that point. It's a bit of a puzzle 😞

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is the whiteboard very graphical, with loads of links to its images? I remember a similar issue with such a page after logging in to something else.

Are you able to change the DNS in your MBB router or, at least, in the connecting device?

If so, you could try & get round this issue by switching the DNS to Manual with 1 of these public DNS:

Open DNS  :	208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS:	8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 
Norton DNS:	198.153.192.40 & 198.153.194.40

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Well. I can have a look at that tomorrow - just about to start a class. It;s the 4GEE WiFi router, if that helps...

The whiteboad has only one graphic and on text file, so not loaded up.

by
EE Employee

Hi @terencewatts and welcome to the community.

Please do let us know how you get on after changing the DNS as mentioned by @XRaySpeX.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

It doesn't look as if I CAN change the DNS in the router... or at least I couldnt see how. I've only had a couple minutes to investigate though and have another class this evening.

It's the EE 4GEE WiFi router if that gives you a clue? I'm sure I'm just missing someting obvious!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then change DNS in the device you are connecting from. Is it a PC?

Established Contributor

It's a Mac - I'll give that a try in Netwok Settings tomorrow... 

by
EE Employee

Hi @terencewatts

Please let us know how you get on with the advice given by @XRaySpeX

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

That didn't work 😞 I couldn't connect to anything at all after that. So I've restored it to what was:

2a01:4c8:101c:4efb

6c8a:bde8:abf:fa5c

They don't look like DNS addresses of course, so now I'm even more confused! 

I discovered this morning that Skype won't connect either, so it looks as if there may be quite a few limitations with the current setup. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @terencewatts

Do you happen to use any VPN on your device.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

No, not to my knowledge anyway... my other EE account on the Assus router connects to everything with no problem. I can't imagine it's anything to do with the account though, so it has to be the router, wouldn't you think?

by
EE Employee

Hi @terencewatts 

Do try and factory reset your router and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Rebooted... then reset to factory standard. No different. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a faulty router.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for trying that, @terencewatts.

Please get in touch with our technical support team, they will be able to help you further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

Established Contributor

Apparently, they'll only communicate via the 'phone - but I have quite severe tinnitus (76 year old ears!) and phone conversations are difficult, as well as prone to me me not properly hearing some of what is said. Look as if I'll just have to put up with it or buy a different router 😞

by
EE Community Support Team

I completely understand, @terencewatts.

If the 4G device is on a pay monthly contract, there is a chat team that can help.

This will appear at the top of the EE section on the get in touch page.

Fingers crossed they can help you get this sorted.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.