by Gamer01000 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can't use all of data add on

Hi so a few days ago I bought a 500mb pack that was supposed to last a month obviously it ran out (it should be 1gb a month for £5 as 500mb is way too low) however the settings say iv used only 487mb instead of the full 500 why is this happening and when are we going to compensate me for the full 500 ma as this isn't the first time this has happened (I cannot reply to replays straight away as I have no internet and now no mobile data at home) I have a screenshot of it but cannot post it on here it seems

14 REPLIES 14
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Can't use all of data add on

Hello @Gamer01000 where are you reading this from? Your devices counter or EEs counter?

Device counters are not 100% accurate and may not always match network usage exactly. If it is the EE counters these can take up to anything from 15minutes to 24hours to refresh. Try restarting your device and checking this link using your devices 3G/4G connection. . :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by abigailtowns
Explorer

I keep having this issue aswell I got the lowest add on to last me a couple of hours and it lastest 5 minutes and then 'ran out'

by
EE Employee

Hi @abigailtowns

I have replied to your separate post to try and help with your issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

It's happened again this time my settings said I used 459mb out of 500mb any idea when this is going to be fixed? I doubt this is apples fault although I could contact them and find out what's happening if needed 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Gamer01000 no devices data counter is 100% accurate and there will always be bits of usage that slip through the net. If you are not happy with the results your device is showing then please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access the account and discuss your data usage with you in further detail. 🙂

Established Contributor

I already know this however I assumed the "bits of data" would be measured in kb not mb how am I supposed to get my money's worth for an add on I'm not even fully getting I honestly don't see how talking to EE could help since they themselves haven't fixed this problem yet 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Gamer01000 it does not matter what network or device you use you will never get 100% accuracy. There is nothing that can be done or advised about this through here I am sorry, technology is just not 100% perfect yet. 🙂

Established Contributor

Ok this is serious now iv bought YET ANOTHER 500mb add on only this time iv ran out and my setting have said iv only used 376mb WTF is going on when is this being fixed this is getting urgent now fix my problem already 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gamer01000   With wifi off on the device click THIS 

what device is it.   And as you have already been told within this thread device counters are not 100% percent and yes they can be this far out.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gamer01000,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

As @Profile closed has pointed out earlier in the thread, the mobile data usage tracker on your phone is not 100% accurate.

Android phones, for example, have a disclaimer in the settings stating 'Operator data may differ from device accounting'.

It's best to check your remaining data using the link @Chris_B has kindly provided.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

For some reason it's saying I have 74mb left on my previous add on and still waiting for my current add on this isn't true because I got the message every time I loaded up a page on safari saying to buy more data from EE because I couldn't use the add on I had because "apparently" I'd used it all so have I or have I not still got data to use?? This system is extremely confusing and needs to be fixed

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Gamer01000,

Is that using the link @Chris_B provided?

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Re: Can't use all of data add one

Yes sorry for the late reply the last reply I sent seemed to not have worked 

by

Re: Can't use all of data add one

Hi @Gamer01000,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If the EE status page is showing your remaining data allowance incorrectly, please get in touch with customer services and our technical team will be happy to help.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.