by bfsupport Investigator
Investigator

Can't access a single website via EE 4G

We (and our customers in the UK) are having issues accessing the site www.surveygizmo.com via the EE 4G mobile network. The site can be reached fine via Wi-Fi on our devices and our customer's devices but not via EE's 4G network. It works fine on Vodafone and other providers. Content Lock is disabled on our devices and all other sites load fine.

We've spoken to SurveyGizmo in the US and they cannot find any errors so the fault appears to lie with the EE network. EE technical support have refused to test the URL on their devices (they claim not to have any EE 4G connected devices in their tech support department). Has anyone else come across this issue and does anyone have any advice? It's not a device or region specific issue and the site works fine on other ISPs. If there are any EE customers out there, could you try and load the site on 4G and let me know if it works for you? Thanks, Thom

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't access a single website via EE 4G

Investigator

Hi Chris, great question! According to https://ipv6-test.com the problematic site is not IPV6 ready... but neither is our company website but that one does load fine on EE. Could IPv6 non-compatibility be an issue in this way? Thanks, Thom

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bfsupport   Yes it could very well be.   There are numerous issues with EE and sites not being IPV6 compatible. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @bfsupport

Thanks for coming here.

I would suggest contacting our Tech Gurus again so they can get this investigated further for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne, Unfortunately, I've spoken to the Technical Support team on the phone and on Twitter and they have said they will not help with this issue and when I pressed them to escalate it to a department that could help, they just advised me to log a complaint with your complaints department (which I have done). If you're able to test the URL (https://www.surveygizmo.com) on an EE 4G device and let me know if it works for you, that would be great. Thanks, Thom

by

Hi there @bfsupport 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

I also have this issue with the following site:

https://freemojilottery.com/

Investigator

Yep, that URL won't load on EE 4G but works fine on my TalkTalk Wifi (on the same devices, in the same browsers). Very odd.

by

Hi @sully1311

I'm going to send you a private message to get some information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

by j0hnh Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this info is of any help, but FYI:

The site is not accessible via T-Mobile 3G either, but as soon I enable ProtonVPN service it loads OK.

Investigator

Hi John, thanks for letting me know. I think T Mobile is part of the EE network, so that would make sense. I'm going to speak to their tech support again today so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it. 

by

Let us know how you get on and what they say, @bfsupport 

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G, just to let you know, EE Tech Gurus have been able to whitelist the site we were struggling with so it's now working again for all UK EE customers. Phew! Worth speaking to them if you can. Cheers, Thom

by

Hi @bfsupport

Great news 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

Leanne

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.