by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Can someone confirm if the below postcodes are getting served with 4G 800MHZ

I was wondering if someone from the EE team could confirm if masts in my area with the below postcodes are transmitting 4G 800MHz. I thought perhaps the EE team might have access to definitive mast information, that isn't available in results from elsewhere?

I have tried using the below link and it does show for four postcode areas where I use my phone quite often:

{"type" : "4G800", "strength" : "4", "selected" : false}
{"type" : "4G800", "strength" : "3", "selected" : false}
{"type" : "4G800", "strength" : "3", "selected" : false}
{"type" : "4G800", "strength" : "5", "selected" : false}

http://maps.ee.co.uk/all?brand=ee&tab=newajaxcoverage&src=tmpCoverageResponse&callback=updateMobileC...

So from the results, it does look like the areas are getting served by a mast transmitting 4G 800MHz.

But I got told yesterday that the information from the above link:

" the numbers it pulls up from, the database have been the same for about 18 months, which would support the theory many have that it's just test data"

So I am unsure if the four areas I have listed above are actually getting served by a mast transmitting 4G 800MHz.

The four postcodes I would like looked into please by the EE team are:

CA14 2QP

CA14 3LY
CA14 4LJ
CA14 1RU

6 REPLIES 6
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Re: Can someone confirm if the below postcodes are getting served with 4G 800MHZ

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt very much that EE will either confirm or deny whether 800 is live in these areas. Great at providing curated PR output, not so great at providing specific information to customers unfortunately.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can someone confirm if the below postcodes are getting served with 4G 800MHZ

Hello there @Fatboy71

Thanks for coming here and asking about this.

If you decide on a 4G compatible phone it will show it’s using 4G, but not which frequency you’re connected to.

You can have a look at the EE network checker and it will show where 4G is available, and this does include all frequencies 🙂

If your area is not showing 4G at this time do keep up to date with our rollout on the EE coverage checker.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hello there @Fatboy71

Thanks for coming here and asking about this.

If you decide on a 4G compatible phone it will show it’s using 4G, but not which frequency you’re connected to.

You can have a look at the EE network checker and it will show where 4G is available, and this does include all frequencies 🙂

If your area is not showing 4G at this time do keep up to date with our rollout on the EE coverage checker.

Thanks, Leanne.

Thanks @Leanne_T.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus (purchased from Apple) and I can currently get 4G in the postcode areas I posted earlier.

My question was if someone from EE could tell me if the postcodes I posted earlier, are served with a mast that transmits the 4G 800MHz frequency.

My idea is to move to a 12 month contract sim only pay monthly plan (from the pay as you go plan I'm currently on) in a bid to improve on indoor coverage which the 4G 800MHz can sometimes give, and I don't want to move to a 12 month contract if the postcode areas I posted earlier are NOT served with a mast transmitting the 4G 800MHz frequency.

I thought perhaps someone from the EE team, might be able to give me a definitive answer on if certain areas (postcode areas) if 4G 800MHz is available?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Fatboy71

The coverage checker will show you if can expect good indoor coverage in the areas you have provided above.

Any area in the UK that did not have 4G and now shows 4G after the 800MHz rollout this would be have been updated on the coverage checker.

What is it you are looking for with the new plan?

Do you have good indoor coverage now with your iPhone 7?

Thanks

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hello there @Fatboy71

The coverage checker will show you if can expect good indoor coverage in the areas you have provided above.

Any area in the UK that did not have 4G and now shows 4G after the 800MHz rollout this would be have been updated on the coverage checker.

What is it you are looking for with the new plan?

Do you have good indoor coverage now with your iPhone 7?

Thanks

Thanks @Leanne_T

Mostly, but there are buildings and shops in the areas I've posted, which are hit and miss for a signal.

I've found a 12 month sim only plan which I can get for £16.99 with a voucher code I got on the EE website. The voucher knocks £3 off per month (usually the plan is £19.99).

It's a shame I don't have access to a pay monthly sim card to try for coverage, as I believe pay as you go sim cards are different, and the only way I would be able to get access to a pay monthly sim card is to sign up for a sim only 12 month contract, which isn't something I want to do if there is no definitive way of knowing if my area even has 4G 800MHz.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Fatboy71

We do offer 30 day SIM cards in which may be suitable for you to try the service and make sure it is what you need.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions