by steviechal Investigator
Investigator

Can no longer gift data to my family when I am abroad

I took out a 100gb max plan so that I could gift my data to my 3 other numbers (family) on my account. I had no issues doing this until Jan this year and because I work (every other month) in a country that is not covered in my usage (outside EU, US etc) my account does not show my available data and so I cannot gift it when in this country. I have lost count of the amount of live chat agents that had referred me to data gifting T&Cs but I fail to see where it says I cannot do this. I am aware that I cannot use my data whilst in my country of work but I want to gift it to 3 numbers that are on my account and in the UK all the time. Spending a lot of money monthly for 100gb that disappear every other month. Customer services have been useless and no help. Ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can no longer gift data to my family when I am abroad

Hi @steviechal 

Have you tried logging into the EE website, rather than the app?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I have logged into the website and it too is showing zero data. Actually it is just blank where my allowance should be. Bit annoyed I am paying a lot of money for 100gb that don’t even show present on my account. I know I am in a location where I cannot use the data but I just want to see it to gift it to family numbers on my account that are in the UK

Investigator

Hi Mark,

Yes. My account shows zero data because I am in a country that doesn’t allow me to use my data allowance. Very frustrated as I don’t want to use the data for roaming but to gift to family numbers on my account that are in the UK. Live chat have been particularly unhelpful. Paying for 100gb and can’t even see it on my account.

Regards

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

From my iPhone

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @steviechal.

Welcome back to the community.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by Njilka24

Hi I am having the same issue, please could you help.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Njilka24

Welcome to the community.

Whereabouts in the world are you? Are you able to see your data allowance?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.