Explorer

Can I use my data in Canada

When I go to Canada can I use my data?

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can I use my data in Canada

Depends what plan you have?

You can still use it but it may not you quite a but more if you are not in the Max plan.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Worth checking out the roam further add-on, if you qualify for it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Elloellie

Welcome to the community. 

I can see you have been provided some great advice already, please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? If on contract, do you have an EE Max Plan? If so, you may use your data up to 15GB per billing month if you have more.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check roaming is enabled on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Elloellie
Explorer

I have a contract but it’s only 1gb, so do you think I can use data without it costing more?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, not unless you have a Max plan. Otherwise you will need to buy a roaming data add-on as in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.