by JCSpitfire
Explorer

Can I share my data allowance

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I share my data allowance

Are you all under the same MyEE family a/c, not PAYG? You need to be to gift data. See Gift Your Data and Set Controls .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @JCSpitfire

Welcome to the community.

To use data gifting, you would all need to be on the same pay monthly account.

If you are, can you follow the below steps;

• Open your My EE app
  • Go to Family Usage
  • Select who needs data
  • Select the number you would like to gift data from (you will need at least 500MB of data left to be able to data gift)
  • Enter the amount you would like to gift
  • Send the data

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by JCSpitfire
Explorer

Probably got a bit confused. What I want to do is have 2nd Sim for my car and share my mobile data allowance with it. Someone told me that was possible. Just want to know how.

Thx

Jon

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @JCSpitfire

Thanks for coming back to me.

You will be able to gift data to or from any Pay Monthly handset, tablet or 4GEE WiFi device to any other Pay Monthly handset, tablet or WiFi device that belongs to the same family account except for devices on 3G plans, 4GEE WiFi 30 day plans and Apple Watches.

This would not be available on pay as you go, if you wanted a pay as you go SIM for the car.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.