by PGirv

Can I share data with a pay monthly sim

I have 2 kids, the eldest has a contract phone with EE also so I can share data with him. I'm going to give my youngest son my handset when I upgrade but he's too young to need a contract, so a sim only contract would work better. Do the sim only "pay monthly" deals need to be bought monthly or does that only relate to the bonus data you get for doing that? If I get him a sim only can I share my contract data with him? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I share data with a pay monthly sim

Hi @PGirv 

You need to be the owner and pay for the contracts to use the data gifting option. 

More information can be found in EE data gifting guide. 

HOW DO I GIFT MY DATA AND SET CONTROLS?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I share data with a pay monthly sim

You cannot gift data to/from a PAYG SIM, which I think you mean by a non-contract "pay monthly" SIM-Only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.