by SPARKLES027

Can I put a cap on the Internet usage on my phone so I dont go over my allowance

I am giving a phone to my son but am worried he will go over the Internet allowance and was wondering if there was a way to ensure he does not go over the allowance on the contract by maybe puttingsome kind of cap on it?

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Can I put a cap on the Internet usage on my phone so I dont go over my allow

HI,

@SPARKLES027

You can't go over your data limit as when it runs out of data it just stops and tells you how to buy more data  if you need it, it doesn't automatically charge you.

Here you can purchase more data if you need it 

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can I put a cap on the Internet usage on my phone so I dont go over my allow

Hi @SPARKLES027

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @tahirmian has already answered you brilliantly on this.

Find out more about how EE mobile data works >

Chris 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

What you need is to stop your son being able to buy add-ons on the phone, but I don't think that's possible. If it's a shared plan you can restrict some ability for sharers to do various things I believe, not sure if buying add-ons is one of them though.

BT Mobile has a spend cap, which has a minimum of £5 so you can never go over the value you set per month, but it's not possible on EE.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.