3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I limit usage of 4G on sons phone he shares my plan

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

😞 Just had a read at:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

It it looks like you can only turn on/off data for sub-accounts.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ben08

Thanks for coming to community for support 🙂

I can see that you have had support from @Chris_B and @winston already.

From the help and support pages @winston has directed you to look at, you may want to consider moving to a shared plan.

If you're already an EE customer, it's easy to convert your existing phone plan into a Shared Plan. Your existing plan will become the 'Leader'* and its data allowance can then be shared.

You can choose up to four other devices and/or people to start sharing with - five in total - (your 'Sharers') and we'll set you up with a new contract for each additional Sharer. Just call us on 0800 956 6000150 or visit an EE shop to make the switch.

If you’ve already got a Shared Plan from EE, you can see who’s used your shared data, and decide who can use more with our new Usage Controls.

You can also decide who’s allowed to buy more data, and who can use their phone when they’re abroad, so you’re in complete control of who’s spending money on your Shared Plan.

Change the usage of one device

It’s simple to get your Usage Controls set up by logging into My EE on ee.co.uk. Here's how:

1. Log in to My EE as the Account Holder
  2. Click Device for the Sharer you want to set the controls for
  3. On the Device and Usage page, scroll down to Manage this device, then click Usage Controls
  4. You'll see options for Use data, Buy dataRoaming abroad and Call abroad and premium rate
  5. Click ALLOW or BLOCK next to each option
  6. Click APPLY.

The Account Holder can change these settings at any time. Please note, the changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect. Once the changes have been selected in My EE, you won't be able to change them again for 15 minutes.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.