by CHRISRAYNES
Visitor

Can I get a second sim to use my data plan in another phone?

Hi,

I am currently on an EE Regular 24 month plan with 5GB of data, unlimited minutes and texts.  Me and my kids have recently got interested in Geocaching and I have been looking around for GPS devices as using my HTC 10 is really draining my battery something shocking.  The GPS devices seem quite expensive and are limited by not being able to use the geocaching app, so I thought a good idea would be to buy a second-hand cheap smartphone solely to use for geocaching.

So my question is can I obtain a second SIM which would enable me to use my existing 5GB data plan with no extra charge on my second phone?

Thanks

Chris

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can I get a second sim to use my data plan in another phone?

Hello @CHRISRAYNES it is not possible to use the same number/plan on two SIM cards at once but you can set up a sharer account that allows you to share your data allowance between two or more lines. This will increase your monthly line rental (although not as much as signing up for a separate additional line) and you will get another number/SIM card with its own minutes and texts allowances but both of the lines will use the 5gb data allowance attached to your current plan (leader plan) which is why it is cheaper than signing up for a separate additional line. Here is a link containing more information on EE shared plans. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable

That's not possible sorry as you can only ever have 1 SIM card linked to your plan at any time unfortunately.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @CHRISRAYNES it is not possible to use the same number/plan on two SIM cards at once but you can set up a sharer account that allows you to share your data allowance between two or more lines. This will increase your monthly line rental (although not as much as signing up for a separate additional line) and you will get another number/SIM card with its own minutes and texts allowances but both of the lines will use the 5gb data allowance attached to your current plan (leader plan) which is why it is cheaper than signing up for a separate additional line. Here is a link containing more information on EE shared plans. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.