by Adrenius Investigator
Investigator

Blackberry Internet Service Issues

Hi,

I have recently purchased an old second hand Blackberry Bold 9790 to use as a backup phone and added a £10 top up to the EE pay as you go sim card. I can access both mobile data and wifi fine. 

I am having issues, however, connecting the phone to 'Blackberry Internet Service' without which I can't set up email accounts and such. I have called EE tech support a few times now and they have transferred me over to a Blackberry plan and said that according to their system the BIS is up and running. No matter what I do however the phone continues to state that it's not connected to it. Tech support concluded that as I have mobile data and wifi working that BIS is running and that the issue must be Blackberry related. Unless I am mistaken however I understand BIS to be a specific email sync service so would expect general mobile data and wifi to be working regardless? Also the 'host routing table' is empty and nothing happens when I try and register on it.

Can anyone help me in any way with this?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Blackberry Internet Service Issues

Good morning @Adrenius

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Have you escalated this now to Technical level 2?

You can do that by giving the Technical team a call

Good luck

Richard

🙂

by Adrenius Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

Yes I believe they have been involved. Think it may have been them who said BIS was working correctly although it doesn't seem to be my end.

Thanks

Adrian

by

Please do double check and make sure it has been escalated for me @Adrenius

Richard

🙂

by Adrenius Investigator
Investigator

Ok, do you have a number for them?

Thanks

Adrian

by

Hi @Adrenius

It's the standard number for customer services and follow the options for Technical Support.

From that point you can ask for this to be raised to a Technical level 2 team member.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.