by Yvonne49 Investigator
Investigator

Are there network coverage problems in Northumberland?

I signed up for a EE SIM only contract which should be delivering double speed 4 GEE. However I am only getting a 3G signal. I live in Warkworth Northumberland. Is there a mast or maintenance problem.?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Are there network coverage problems in Northumberland?

Hi, 

Have you checked your local network for issues here.

According to the checker:

WE RECENTLY FIXED A PROBLEM In WARKWORTH

Our engineers have fixed a problem here. It should all be working again now. If you're still experiencing problems, let us know.

If you are still experiencing issues tomorrow then call EE on 150 and ask them to check for more up-to-date information. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi, 

Have you checked your local network for issues here.

According to the checker:

WE RECENTLY FIXED A PROBLEM In WARKWORTH

Our engineers have fixed a problem here. It should all be working again now. If you're still experiencing problems, let us know.

If you are still experiencing issues tomorrow then call EE on 150 and ask them to check for more up-to-date information. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Yvonne49 Investigator
Investigator

Sadly didn't get a satisfactory response from the technical dept at 150. I was assured in the EE shop that the network coverage at my postcode was double speed 4GEE though they claimed that current work on upgrading masts was causing some short term coverage problems. I signed up for a 12 month 4GEE SIM only contract. However I only have 3G reception at home and a very poor mobile signal. The EE technicians rechecked my postcode network coverage and said I was subject to a variable signal due to some trees between my home and mast 1 mile away! There is no local mast upgrading program despite what the shop claimed so no improvement can be made.to my signal.  Clearly different tales being told in order to drum up sales! I feel I have paid for a service which I am unable to receive. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Yvonne49

Welcome back to the community.

I am sorry this has happened.

When did you take the contract with us?

Have you spoken to the store at all?

Thanks very much 🙂

by Yvonne49 Investigator
Investigator

I bought the contract last Thursday and contacted them within an hour of getting home. They told me to wait for 24 hrs for things to settle. I rang them 24 hrs later telling them there was  no improvement. They reiterated that the mast upgrade was causing the problem and that it would improve. I contacted 150 on Monday and spoke to the tech team who told me there was no fault re masts or upgrading work taking place and that it was unfortunate that my house had variable signal due to trees between me and the mast. I havent been in touch with the shop since though tempted as I anticipated a battle to rescind the contract and direct debit without incurring financial penalties. I am not sure how strong a case I would have as I can get 4G in other places.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Yvonne49.

I would get in touch with the store.

Our Help pages advise on cancelling the contract within 14 days.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.