by Guido1 Contributor
Contributor

Apple music using data allowance

I'm on the Apple music 6 month trial and my data usage this month days 3.4 gig.

My phone says I've used 2.4 gig of which .9 gig is Apple music.

I can only assume Apple music is using my data?

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple music using data allowance

@Guido1  The music data usage will show on the device as it doesn’t know you get free data streaming with your EE Apple Music offer. 

by Guido1 Contributor
Contributor

Yeah but myEe of showing a lot more usage than my phone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Guido1  Your device doesn’t show all usage believe it or not.  It’s not a true  representation of data used. 

by Guido1 Contributor
Contributor

It's been pretty accurate until this month now it's nearly over 1.5 gig out.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I find it hard to believe that a leading mobile phone manufacturer would incorporate algorithms that are less accurate than EE's arithmetic. The phone will know all the data passing to & from it. Unless the SIM is receiving data that it is not passing on to the phone, but that would be a swizz Smiley Wink

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  Are you implying that  EE are pushing up customers data usage on their accounts ?   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Guido1,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can make sure the free streaming data add-on has been activated on your account.

Thanks

James

@XRaySpeX - On most phones you'll see a disclaimer in the mobile data settings stating that it won't necessarily show the same amount of data usage as your carrier/network.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B wrote:

it won't necessarily show the same amount of data usage as your carrier/network. 

It takes two! I'd back an Apple programmer over an EE 1 any day Smiley Wink.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   The device doesn’t show these in yellow that is using data. 

C7370FAE-3AE7-4705-A00C-F5021E619521.jpeg

The only way to access these is to hack the device.  EE reports there usage, Apple doesn’t report there usage on the device as you can not see these and apple can not just add there usage to the over all usage as it wouldn’t add up correctly with what you could see.  

So when I say the device doesn’t show all data usage take my word for it.  

by Guido1 Contributor
Contributor

(a) your assuming I'm not running a device that can accurately report data usage - any rooted android

(b) best part of a gig out isn't slightly off due to system apps etc

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions