by cuffy14
Explorer

Apple Watch Cellular - activating data plan

Hi,

I have phoned customer services numerous times to try and activate a cellular plan on my Apple Watch. I have been told it would be activated in a couple of days, and still nothing happens.

I purchased my watch from Apple directly, and when attempting to activate the cellular plan I get an error 007. Looking through the community I see that this is a result of having too many SIMS connected on the same account, but that the watch can be added over the phone after additional credit checks. I have a shared data plan with 4 phone sims and 2 data sims. I have attempted to explain this on the phone to customer services, but don't seem to be getting anywhere. I just want to activate the ESIM in the Apple watch and connect to my existing account.

This has been ongoing for the last 2 years, for both my Watch series 3 and series 4. Does anyone have a suggestion on who I should contact to get assistance? Otherwise, I will be forced to look elsewhere i.e. move to O2 or Vodafone, who I see now also offer watch data plans too.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple Watch Cellular - activating data plan

@cuffy14   Call customer services and ask to speak with the Apple Watch team. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cuffy14,

Welcome to the EE Community.

When did you last speak to our Customer Care Team?

Have they offered to call you back when the issue is resolved?

Thanks

James

by cuffy14
Explorer

Hi Chris, thanks but that is the problem. I ask for the Apple Watch team, but not sure if I have been put through to them or not. They say they can help but then nothing changes.

James_B, the last time was in July. Yes, they said to turn the watch on and off. Give it a few hours or preferably a day and then try to activate the cellular data again. Three separate occasions, after calling I have been told someone would ring back in a few days to check if everything is ok and nobody does call.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us and providing this information @cuffy14.

I have sent you a private message for further detail, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.