by Rhiannerussell Investigator
Investigator

Apparently I've used 12GB Data in 4 days? I THINK NOT.

My data, calls and texts renew on the 18th of every month, today is the 22nd and I have received a text message from EE saying I have used 80% of my data! Bearing in mind I haven't been using my phone/data as much as I usually do, how have I 'managed' to use 12GB of data in just 4 days? I get 15GB a month by the way. Last

month I had to buy THREE 10gb add ons as my data had been 'used' so that's 45gb I went through last

month apparently? Every month my data is being DRAINED and I'm unhappy. I have turnt off my 4G and I am 100% SURE MY PLAN IS RENEWED ON THE 18th OF EVERY MONTH. My bill has notonce been the price it is supposed to be! Which is £49.99!!! Every month I'm paying £70+, this month is £137 I believe. I can quite clearly see that EE are taking advantage of me and I want answers, and money back!!!!!

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apparently I've used 12GB Data in 4 days? I THINK NOT.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try restricting background data & update only over WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Rhiannerussell and welcome to the Community.

I understand your concern with this issue.

Please do let us know what device it is that you are using as we will be able to try and find out if you have any apps running in the background that may be causing this usage.

Many thanks,

Lee

by RockB88
Explorer

This has happened to me too just not as drastic as 12gb. I've barely used my data and they're saying I've used nearly all of my allowance in 3 days.....! 

Investigator

iPhone 6S, I have turnt off all the background apps

Investigator

I already do that and I've switched off my 4G too

Investigator

iPhone 6s, have turns off background apps other than the ones I use daily. Also switched my 4G off

Investigator

Glad it's not just me! It's been happening for month. I have no wifi at home right now it's being put in tomorrow. But I have had wifi from when I started my contract(Oct 2015) until 6th January 2017. And almost every month I'm going over so...and I use wifi whenever I can!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Rhiannerussell

If you go to:

Settings > Mobile data > please can you let me know which app has the most data usage.

Many thanks,

Lee  

by ukperson Established Contributor
Established Contributor

make sure you have turned off WiFi assist as it has a tendency of using mobile data (even if mobile data is switched off)

if you goto the iPhone data usage page it be Very appertain what app is using 40GB of data (if not reset the data usage and look at it each day to see what is burning your data)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ukperson Can you please show me ( link to any site ). that says wifi assist can or could use data when cellular data is turned off and wifi assist is turned on.  Thanks. 

Investigator

I'm just going to call EE myself because at the end of the day, everything you're asking me to do has already been done. Wifi assist is off, I switch my mobile data off when I'm a wifi zone, switched off all the apps using data which I don't need, it's not right at all.

Established Contributor

Don't have a link just it's been a known issue in the past where it has overiden the mobile data off switch 

(probably fixed now but wifi assist is best off any way,  unless your on 3 with AYCE data) 

Established Contributor

@Rhiannerussell

Quite easy to use 12gb on 4g on ee 

But continuing to buy more data when you know your phone is using data constantly (or a data billing issue) the fourms are not the best place to go as we don't have access to your account (call 150 and they should be able to tell you what day and time it was used on )

Your phone data used page that has been pointed out on your iphone but have not responded back if it's showing anything (you should be looking for the apps that has over 1GB of data used as it show like 20-40gb or more if you have never reset the data usage page ) 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.