by STEAMENGINE Investigator
Investigator

Anyone used an EE SIM in a Teltonika LTE modem?

Trying to get EE to tell me what details are required when connection to a 4G cell with an LTE modem; so far without success.  Have successfully connected to local O2 cell with this Teltonika modem but the O2 SIM came with details such as 'authentication method, username, password etc.  Unfortunately the O2 level of service continuity was so bad the experiment was abandoned.

I am looking for a DHCP WAN connection through an EE cell which will issue an IP address to the modem on connection.  I expect the cell to respond to pings so I can tell how long it stays up and the latency of the traffic.  This managemnt is carried out by my pfsense firewall.

Any assistance gratefully received.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Anyone used an EE SIM in a Teltonika LTE modem?

Hi @STEAMENGINE 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Where did you get the modem from? Is it possible that it's locked to another network?

Have you put an active EE SIM into it?

What details exactly are you looking for?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
by
Solution

Hi @STEAMENGINE 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Where did you get the modem from? Is it possible that it's locked to another network?

Have you put an active EE SIM into it?

What details exactly are you looking for?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris

Investigator

The Modem is a Teltonika RUT240 obtained from Amazon. It is to be used as a cellular backup WAN with an enterprise class firewall controlling the WAN gateways. The modem is in bridge mode.

The modem definitely works.  I have made a trial over the last two weeks with O2 and it all worked but the standard of service was so poor that I gave up. (outages with 100% packet loss of over an hour several times a day and most days at least one outage of several hours).

The SIM now in the modem today was supplied by EE.  It has been activated according to the PAYG team.

I have configured the modem for connection Type = QMI,  APN = everywhere

I do not know if authentication is required but a post on this forum says not. Confusingly he included the information that the USR is "eesecure" and the PW "secure". This is inconsistent. There is either authentication or there is not.  If so is it CHAP PAP or what?

I am expecting a DHCP connection where the WAM will provide a dynamic IP address.

I see a signal in the region of -71DbM and I am asking for 4Gservice only.

The modem says there is no data connection.  My firewall concurs and reports no ipinger response.

by

Hi @STEAMENGINE.

I believe that authentication will be required using 'eesecure' and 'secure' and also selecting PAP.

Does this help?

Jon

Investigator

Included the PAP setting with usr and pw but still no data connection.

Modem is reporting signal at -71DbM  but with Data  Connection State - Disconnected

Sim Card State - Ready

Cell ID - 5651458

RSRP  -110DbM

RSRQ  -17DbM

SNIR  - 5.3Db

by

Thanks @STEAMENGINE.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus so they can go through any additional settings with you and help you further.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.