by Lucyinthesky1
Explorer

Am I limited to how much data I can hotspot if I have unlimited data?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Am I limited to how much data I can hotspot if I have unlimited data?

Hi @Lucyinthesky1 

As per the T&C the fair usage policy is 1000GB.

Unlimited Plans
Uncapped and Unlimited data - 15GB fair use policy applies outside UK. Personal, non-commercial use only. If you regularly tether 12 or
more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. We will consider usage above
1000GB/month to be commercial use and have the right to move you to a business plan. You can choose from 3 swappables (Amazon Prime
Video, BT Sport or the Roam Further Pass). 5G Handset customers can gift up to 120GB all other unlimited customers can gift up to 100GB.
Data usage on an unlimited plan will decrement from giftable allowance. Any data boost allowance will be added to the giftable allowance

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lucyinthesky1   how many devices do you wish to tether it to ?  because reading those T&Cs anything from 12 or over is not personal usage.   And if your using over 1000GB per month for tethering I think you need to take a break and join the real world for a awhile.  Lol.  

by Lucyinthesky1
Explorer

Thank you Chris. I'm only tethering to my TV and laptop and neither were working. It wasn't that I was capped, I just had to try the turn off then on again method with my phone. And an EE rep said I'm not capped on tethering use of data anyway. Still living in the real world, have no fear. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.