iPhone X
    Order now
x
Highlighted
by tommotheone
Visitor

Activating new upgraded phone

Hi, I was wondering, I have just passred my upgrade date which was on wednesday 16th. I then proceeded to look for upgrades on the EE site, could not find anything that suited me because the prices were a bit too much, I then found carphone warehouse and upgraded my phone through them.

I received my phone yesterday the 17th and my old sim card hasnt been deactivated in my samsung and I cant tell for the life of me if my new one has been activated on my iphone 6. I am asking if that how do I know it has been activated or not? I can make and recieve phone calls, I can't send or recieve texts however when I make a phone call it pops up as a private number...does this mean that it is still in the process of being activated or not? I spoke on the phone yesterday and they told me to wait a day.

I can't speak on the phone today though because I have lost my voice haha.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Activating new upgraded phone

Good Afternoon @tommotheone

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

When you upgrade through the Carphone Warehouse your old SIM will go off before the SIM becomes active with your number.

The only way it would be different is if you're migrating from T-Mobile or Orange to EE.

In this case it can take 24 hours for your number to transfer across and your new SIM will have a temporary number until the process completes.

Hope this all makes sense!

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

1 REPLY
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Activating new upgraded phone

Good Afternoon @tommotheone

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

When you upgrade through the Carphone Warehouse your old SIM will go off before the SIM becomes active with your number.

The only way it would be different is if you're migrating from T-Mobile or Orange to EE.

In this case it can take 24 hours for your number to transfer across and your new SIM will have a temporary number until the process completes.

Hope this all makes sense!

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.