by Nmatatu
Visitor

Activate data iPhone x

I recently purchased an EE SIM card (3 days ago) upon my arrival to the UK and loaded into my unlocked iPhone X. I travel frequently and often switch SIM cards without any issues. 

The pay as you go package. included calling, sms and data bundle. Calling and sms work without problems, but data does not work. I tried resetting network settings, but still no success. Any ideas other than resetting network settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Activate data iPhone x

@Nmatatu  Could you please go to Settings>General>Profile and make sure your network provider hasn’t installed a profile on your device,  if there is one you’ll need to delete it for the data to work with your EE sim. When you put your network SIM card back in the device the profile will be reinstalled. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Nmatatu  Could you please go to Settings>General>Profile and make sure your network provider hasn’t installed a profile on your device,  if there is one you’ll need to delete it for the data to work with your EE sim. When you put your network SIM card back in the device the profile will be reinstalled. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Nmatatu With WiFi turned off, try browsing to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status on your iPhone and follow any instructions (it should still let you connect to that page).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions