by Richardg2 Investigator
Investigator

APN for Nokia 210

Bought a Nokia 210 on ebay (unused - I like the real keyboard). Works except for not connecting to the net. Picks-up wifi but shows ERROR 005 when try to connect. Web search suggests it's a Internet APH problem. EE shop says contact tech support for a download. New to EE and can't find any way to speak to a person as I have payg, not contract.

Help please - and sorry if posted this in the location. First time here.

30 REPLIES 30
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: APN for Nokia 210

Try EE APN settings: Where to find them . The type of phone shouldn't matter. They are values specific to EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Richardg2 here is a link to receive the EE APN settings for a Nokia 210:

http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=modelselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&networkId=...

Just enter the security code & your mobile number and the settings should be sent to your phone via text. 🙂

Investigator

Hello Tom,

Followed your directions, received a text message, saved (entering the pin no.provided). That seemed to go OK. Tried to connect to the web but still get "ERROR establishing secure connection. Check coverage, security and date settings on the phone (005)."

I'm connected to the home wifi and the date settings are good. Security settings read:

PIN code request  Off

Calling barring / access codes - factory settings

I haven't changed anything since resetting to factory settings (done yesterday by person at EE shop).

Stuck again....  Any way I can check the download was installed

Further guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@Richardg2

Pin should be last 4 digits of your mobile number. 

And you also can see this when you put your number on that Web page

I hope it will help you. 

Many Thanks 

Investigator

Hello Tahirmian

It is indeed the last 4 digits of my number - hadn't realiswed that. I think the downlaod from EE went fine. But still the error message.....

I'm learning something every stage of the way but still not got the solution.

Richard

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are you mange to use Internet on your phone or not..??? 

Have your mobile data on? 

Try your phone turn on and off few times. 

And check that. 

Regards 

Investigator

Setting is mobile data connection when needed (off when roaming).

I have a working wifi link but cannot connect to the inetrnet - Error005 (as reported above). Doesn't show G3 / G4 as I've read somwhere it should but under connectvity it is fine -  If I turn mobile data on then I get "no network coverage" - which is the case here (deep in the mountains). That's why I try to use local wifi.

Letting it rest tonight -try again tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Richard

Investigator

Sorry xray - should have thanked you before. Tried your suggestion but found that from Tom more direct. Still looking for the solution.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Richardg2 have you got mobile data turned on? If this is turned off it will restrict your device to WiFi only. Turning on mobile data should not make your signal drop but 3/4G should then appear after a moment.

The error 005 message can appear because the connection is too week or unstable, which is likely the reason why if you live in a hard to reach low coverage area. Can you try the device in another location with better coverage such as a town centre? This will confirm if the problem lies with the device or the area around your home. 🙂 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richardg2 wrote:

I have a working wifi link but cannot connect to the inetrnet

What? Are you saying you can't connect to the Net over your WiFi link? Is that Error 005 coming up when you try WiFi? Mobile data has nowt to do with WiFi. What WiFi are you using?

Is this an issue about connecting over WiFi? You also said:

@Richardg2 wrote:

I get "no network coverage" - which is the case here (deep in the mountains). That's why I try to use local wifi.

Meaning you don't have a mobile signal anyway?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richardg2 wrote:

Bought a Nokia 210 on ebay (unused - I like the real keyboard). Works except for not connecting to the net. Picks-up wifi but shows ERROR 005 when try to connect. Web search suggests it's a Internet APH problem. EE shop says contact tech support for a download. New to EE and can't find any way to speak to a person as I have payg, not contract.

Help please - and sorry if posted this in the location. First time here.

Hi, 

If you are receiving this code when connecting to the Internet via WiFi then this is nothing to do with APN settings on your phone. 

This would seem to be related to the phone and its suggested using another browser rather than the stock Nokia one seems to work. 

There are many threads on this issue on Google and you are better off searching and following the advice they offer. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

I have mobile data on and when in signal area a connection is possible to EE (though it asks for a p/w). Previously had Mobile Data connection - when needed. No connection.

Turned phone on and off and have gone to an area with goos signal - but still not showing G4 sign

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @Richardg2 and welcome to the Community.

So I can try and assist, please may i know if you have a EE pack which includes data?

What response do you get if you send AL to 150?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hello all,

Took phone into EE shop again. They spent 30 mins checking everything out. Could not find any set-up problems. Thought it possible that the Nokia software is the issue but thought most likely that it is a faulty phone.

In summary:

- I have a data package.

- no connection to the web by any means, inc. wifi link even when the wifi signal is strong.

- repeat showing of error message 005 when try to connect

- Capital E at the top of the screen has a diagonal line through it

- can do calls and texts fine

I bought the phone on ebay - described as brand new and looked it. Box, set-up book all clean.

It might be that I have a rogue phone.

Thanks

Richard

by
EE Employee

Hi @Richardg2

It may be worth performing a full master reset using the following method:

1. Switch on your handset.
  2. Tap this secret code: *#7370#
  3. Next please press your lock code.
    * The default lock code is 12345
  4. Now your phone will reset.
  5. Success!

Hope this helps,

Lee

Investigator

Hello Lee

I reset my phone as you described and went through everyhting that came up. Got to connecting to web and tried data connect and my wifi. Both times received the error 005  - check coverage, security and date settings. This relating to connection via EE data is right because signal here is very poor. But my wifi signal is strong.

Tried 3 times on the wifi.

Thanks for the suggestion - but do I now conclude a faulty phone?

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

But you are trying connect by WiFi. That has nowt to do with EE mobile data or APNs. It has all to do with the WiFi you are using.

I asked you before, what WiFi are you trying to connect to?

Investigator

Hello aray,

I'm trying to connect to my wifi at home - as I am using now. I can't properly test the EE network connection without a 3 mile trip.

When I was in the EE shop today they couldn't connect via their network or wifi.

I hope I'm undertsanding your question correctly

Thanks

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You have a fixed Home Broadband at home? Who is your ISP? Which router do you have?

Are you saying that Nokia fails to connect to your home router with this Error 5?

If so, where does EE mobile data come into that?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions