by Chris-highlands Contributor
Contributor

A new mast gives 4G on iphone with EE, but not on my 4GEE WiFi or PAYG EE. Why?

We have never had any mobile signal here - but a new mast has just gone up - and I'm getting a great 4G EE signal on my iPhone with EE pay monthly. 

But I'm getting nothing on my 4GEE mobile Wifi box, or on a Brand New EE PAYG sim in a different iphone - (or when I tried it in my main phone). Both the 4GEE box & PAYG phone work fine elsewhere. I've tried switching on/off etc, and resetting network settings on phone. Friends on EE standing next to me get n

Do new masts only work with some sim cards? 

We only get 512k BT Broadband at best - so 4GEE WiFi would see me buying a 4GEE Router - but only if it will work. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: A new mast gives 4G on iphone with EE, but not on my 4GEE WiFi or PAYG EE. W

Hello @Chris-highlands the pay monthly SIM card in the Apple iPhone will have access to 800mhz 4G which the other devices will not. You can find out more information on EE 800mhz 4G and who can use it here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Archive/Improved-4G-coverage-on-the-EE-Network-800MHz-updates/td-p/509...

🙂

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: A new mast gives 4G on iphone with EE, but not on my 4GEE WiFi or PAYG EE. W

Hello @Chris-highlands the pay monthly SIM card in the Apple iPhone will have access to 800mhz 4G which the other devices will not. You can find out more information on EE 800mhz 4G and who can use it here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Archive/Improved-4G-coverage-on-the-EE-Network-800MHz-updates/td-p/509...

🙂

by Chris-highlands Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for that tm90. That would explain why the other 2 EE sim card are not getting anything - they are PAYG.

Can you - or anyone - advise if the EE4G mobile WiFi device or the EE4G Router on a pay monthly EE sim will work on this 800mhz 4G coverage.

Or would a 4G EE Data Sim work in an iPad cellular?

It would be great if it does..

many thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Chris-highlands

Our EE4G routers do pick up 800mhz and an iPad would pick up this also.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.