by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

A answer would be nice

This morning I did tweet ee & marc's twitter account but no ones bothered to reply. Can you explain why the SIM only plan offer 60 mbps downlaods? Where are the fastest tariffs ? https://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-phones

16 REPLIES 16
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: A answer would be nice

Because it' a policy EE has taken. You will find they would rather you purchase a phone contract so most likely hold out for the fastest speed to the customers doing just that.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I buy my phone's outright I don't want wish to buy a phone from them, period. I can't believe EE would only offer the fastest speed to those buying a unit from them. (I blinking hope not.) 

What's happen to the roaming now in the USA etc which was previously offered in the MAx plans, I'm unable to see these listed anywhere? 

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@leeuk I agree, the new EE SIM only plans are over-priced garbage.

It really is a case of 'what where EE thinking?' when they re-launched SIM only the other week

You can now 'conviently' pay an extra £2.00 a month for a 'go faster' add-on which gives you full speed 4G or pay a eye-watering £10 extra a month for the 'go further' add-on which gives you roaming in those 5 extra none-EU countries.

All I suggest people do is vote with their feet and switch networks or simply don't buy/upgrade to these plans.

I'll be keeping for old EE Max SIM only plan for the foreseeable future now and EE will not get another upgrade out of me until these plans change.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @leeuk,

As @Profile closed said, you can add the Go Faster add-on to your plan which offers you uncapped 4G speeds.

If you ever need to contact us via Twitter, please use @EE. The team are here to help from 7am-9pm (weekends 8am-8pm).

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks for that.

Where did you find this info?

plus theres an increase in March 😞

i would rather they cut the sport crap which we are no doublt paying for -sadly that wont happen being Gavin and Marc and BIG sport fans. 

I hate all this add on crap - i jsut wan tto choose a plan and pay for it.

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Im already on a max plan does this mean I have to pay another £2 per month and £10 for usa caoverage?

lee

by

No @leeuk, there won't be any changes to your existing Max plan.

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks james for the confirmation.

lee

by

No problem @leeuk Smiley Happy

James

by Kelv1000 Investigator
Investigator

How do you buy the go faster add on. Doesn't show in the app but the go further one does?

by

Hi @Kelv1000,

Welcome back to the community.

I'm sorry it's not showing in your app.

Please get in touch with customer services and a member of the team will be happy to add it for you.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B: Where is the Help page on GO FASTER? I can find Go Further Roaming Add-on Help, but not that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

I can't find a help page either so I've sent a few emails to look into this @XRaySpeX.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Both add-ons are mentioned in the EE SIM only price plan:

Go Faster Add-on
Available with pay monthly EE SIM plans. Cost is £2 per month. UK use only. 4G speed is usually capped at 60MB on SIM plans; this Add-on allows you to access uncapped 4G speeds. You can only use mobile internet or make calls on our 4G network if you’re within a 4G-enabled area and in range of a 4G base station. You’ll need a 4G calling compatible phone to make and receive calls over our 4G network. Your 4G phone may not be compatible with other UK 4G networks. You can check your 3G and 4G coverage at ee.co.uk/coverage. The speeds you achieve will also depend on a number of factors including: your location, the device you are using and geographic factors such as tree coverage and population density. If you are using your phone indoors, the materials of the building you’re in may also affect mobile internet speeds. Access to our enhanced 4GEE speeds will also be impacted by the location of our masts and equipment optimised for enhanced 4GEE speeds. Such equipment is not available everywhere in the UK and so you should check your coverage at ee/co.uk/coverage before purchasing the Go Faster Add-on. Subject to credit check. Cost added to next bill and then every bill each month until you ask us to remove it.

Go Further Add-on
 Available with pay monthly EE SIM plans. Cost is £10 per month. 6 month minimum commitment required. This Add-on allows you to use your data allowance in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand in addition to the UK & EU/EEA. Data fair use policy may apply. See www.ee.co.uk/terms for countries and details. Deposit needed for roaming in limited circumstances. Subject to credit check. Cost added to next bill and then every bill each month for the 6 months minimum term (even if you terminate before the end of the 6 month minimum term). After 6 months it will continue each month until you ask us to remove it. Allowances last until next bill or until used up, whichever comes first. Allowances don’t roll over. Once you have used up the allowance, or if you have hit your fair use policy amount, standard rates apply as set out in the Non-Standard Price Guide.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @Profile closed. Good find!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jesere Investigator
Investigator

Text GO FASTER to 150

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.