by ryanha Investigator
Investigator

4g router into hub?

hi if i get the 4g antenna and router can i run an ethernet from the router into my network hub at home and 'share' the internet to my network ports in my house. Also im assuming the router is wireless anyway? if so what are the specs please?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4g router into hub?

For a rather brief spec see 4GEE Home Router . It doesn't mention it but it has 2 Ethernet LAN ports. More can be seen in the INTERACTIVE DEMO on 4GEE Router - getting started .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ryanha Investigator
Investigator

thanks for the response... but it that a yes?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's the best "yes" to the specs you asked for that I can give.

As for connecting 2 routers having 2 WANs I have no experience. So I did not comment on that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @ryanha and welcome to the community.

The router is indeed Wireless, specifications can be found on our shop page.

I can certainly try and find out information in regards to the Ethernet query for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by akenc Contributor
Contributor

Yes you can.  I have 4GEE broadband and run one of the ethernet ports into a switch, then into a second router - my home network is behind that.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.