by slb06 Investigator
Investigator

4g max plan roaming not working usa

Just arrived in USA 3 days ago and all of a sudden mobile data not working. Been on 4G max plan since Nov/Dec 2017 and worked ok in Dec 2017. 

Now when mobile data switched on it says ''suspended'' and won't connect to internet! Have checked account, roaming is enabled, have 9GB left of 10GB plan,tried switching networks from defaulted AT&T to TMobile etc but this does not resolve.

4 REPLIES 4
by slb06 Investigator
Investigator

Re: 4g max plan roaming not working usa

Switched settings manually to TMobile; phone call and mobile data fails to
operate. Text SMS works.
by
EE Employee

Hi @slb06 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Can I also ask you to turn off 4G and use 3G only.

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by slb06 Investigator
Investigator

Read more

Switched settings manually to TMobile. phone call and mobile data fails to operate. Text SMS works.

by
EE Employee

Hi @slb06

Thanks for trying this for us.

I have sent you a private message on here, so I can get some details from you.

Thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions