by pcpilot Investigator
Investigator

4GEE data-only SIM upgrade

I am just coming to the end of my initial 12-month 4GEE contract.  For that year, I have been paying for the moden and (limited) data.

Now that I have paid for the modem, I am looking for a data-only sim upgrade that offers more data for less money.

If I stick with EE's 4GEE upgrade option, I am offered 15GB for £23 per month.

However, if I took the mobile phone data-only sim option, I could get 20GB for £22 per month.

So, why should I not just put a mobile SIM in my 4GEE modem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: 4GEE data-only SIM upgrade

No reason at all, lol yes, yet more stupid EE pricing!

Any EE SIM will work in any EE device. The only thing is you may get slower 4G with the handset plan as all EE handset SIM only plans are only upto 60Mbps 4G speeds where as Data only SIM plans are not 4G speed capped.

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

No reason at all, lol yes, yet more stupid EE pricing!

Any EE SIM will work in any EE device. The only thing is you may get slower 4G with the handset plan as all EE handset SIM only plans are only upto 60Mbps 4G speeds where as Data only SIM plans are not 4G speed capped.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No reason against it at all & you'll gain unlimited texts.

Well spotted!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Snap Smiley Wink!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pcpilot Investigator
Investigator

Well - all worked perfectly!

I explained what I wanted to the charming lady in the EE shop and she agreed with me.

So, I cancelled my existing 12-month contract and took out a new data-only SIM contract giving me 20GB (twice my original data) for £19.80 (plus VAT) (15% less).  The deal was described as for mobiles only but, as she said and the community replies said, the multi-SIMs fit any device.

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @pcpilot and welcome to the community.

I'm glad you are now sorted 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.