by castlemaster Established Contributor
Established Contributor

4GEE Sim Locked to IMEI of device?

Hi All,

I got my 4GEE Home router yesterday and it works well, however I want to use that SIM in a mikrotik external LTE antena. But whenever I put the sim in it never works, I've tried a SIM from BT + Three and they work so I know it's not the device, but the EE SIM which came with my 4GEE will not work (CME ERROR 100) at all.

Are the SIM's locked to the device, if so how do I go about removing that lock please?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE Sim Locked to IMEI of device?

@castlemaster  The EE sim is not locked to stop it from using in a different device.   Can I just ask can you put this EE SIM card in to a mobile phone?  If you can does it work.  

Established Contributor

Hmm you are right, works fine in my mobile, hmm wonder why it wont work with this sim then, I setup LTE bands to 1,3,7,20 and APN is internet (no user/pass) so not sure why it's not working.

by
EE Employee

Hi @castlemaster and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist please may I know are you able to create just an IPV4 profile to see if this helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

SIMs are not locked to devices & are free to be used in any unlocked or locked to EE device. It's devices that may be locked to networks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  it’s not locked if it can use a 3 and a BT sim  Smiley LOL

Established Contributor

I tried IPv4 only , made no difference, put the SIM back in the 4GEE router for now which brings me to my next question.

What does the WAN port on the back of the router get used for? I'm trying now to get my router (mikrotik) to route my traffic through the 4GEE router but suspect i'm hitting a double nat issue as it's not giving me any traffic.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not a WAN port. It's a LAN port for connecting a device to the router by Ethernet rather than wireless. The WAN is the mobile SIM.

You could try connecting the LAN port of the 4GEE Home Router to the WAN port of your other router. Double NAT or more precisely CGNAT shouldn't come into it. That only affects unsolicited incoming connections.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

perhaps they should stop labelling WAN/LAN on one of the ports then 😛

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions