by TacticalTimbo
Visitor

4G speeds getting slower and slower

I've had EE 4G since the early days, and used to get great speeds on my 5 and 5s, and then on my 7 Plus.

Speeds in my area would routinely exceed 100mbps, but for the past 6-9 months, I'm lucky if I break 30, and this is with a full 4 bars of 4G?!

My gut tells me you have over subscribed your network, as almost everybody now has a 4G handset, and EE is all to happy to sell them a contract. trouble is, if the speeds aren't going to return, then I might as well leave for a cheaper network; so much for forward progress!

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: 4G speeds getting slower and slower

Hi, 

Unfortunately this is the case with all the networks.

Try O2 and Three in Glasgow city centre, you can barely get 2 Mbps on full bar 4G! 

On a side note, when I phoned the retention team on 150 the other day, I was told that they are currently doing price matches. So it’s worth to check what other networks are offering, and ask EE to match it.

W

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TacticalTimbo,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can report network issues via our network status checker.

Hope this helps.

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It may be possible to check which frequency bands EE are using in your location. Unless you're in an extremely busy location (like a major city centre or transport hub) the chances are that your speeds could, in time, be solved by additional capacity being added on the 2100 and/or 2600 bands.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.