by Ethgeddes Contributor
Contributor

4G slower speeds

Hi my 4G speeds have been slow recently and it seams to be everywhere I go not just in my area. From doing speed tests I've not had one speed result higher then 25mbps. I spoke to EE but they weren't very helpful or knowledgeable and said there is a problem with the mast in my area and it deapends how many people are using it. This doesn't make sense though because my speeds where great then suddenly seamed to have dropped even when I'm on the other side of the country. It seams like EE is slowing my speeds. Ps I'm on a max plan. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G slower speeds

Hi,

It depends on where you live as EE cannot guarantee the fastest speeds in all locations. 25mbps is still fast and more than adequate for 99% of users. It also depends on your phone as it have a slower radio so cannot benefit from faster speeds.

You can also check masts here.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ethgeddes Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't answer my question at all! My speeds used to be good now they have dropped and it's not just in my area. Also I pay for a max plan not for standard 4g plan so I expect better speeds or at least what I used to have. 

Also if 25mbps is still fast and more than adequate for 99% of users why do EE keep bringing out faster speeds to please the 1% of people who need it, why can't you bring out better indoor coverage. EE has already brought loads of spectrum but doesn't even use it!

Basicly spend money on indoor coverage not faster speeds!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ethgeddes  Better in door coverage,  mines tip-top it could just be the building your in that's blocking the signal.  You can not make a signal penetrate a building.  

by Ethgeddes Contributor
Contributor

You can make a signal penetrate a building by having a lower frequency. The problem is that EE keep investing in higher frequencys which are terrible for indoor coverage but Vodafone and o2 mainly use lower frequencys so it is a much better signel indoors. If you compare you signel to someone on o2 or Vodafone indoors most likely they would have a stronger signel. 

by Ethgeddes Contributor
Contributor

Don't get me wrong EE is in my opinion the best 4g provider when being used outside but not inside and they don't invest enough in lower frequencys. 

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

The spelling mistakes and grammar errors......Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions