by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4G+ on S10 Plus

Let us know how you get on after your next update @Tornado-Saq

James

by Tornado-Saq Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@James_B   I will do.  Apparently there is an issue with others too.  So, hopefully Samsung sort this soon. 

Valued Contributor

HI Everyone.

Been in contact with Samsung and they have advised it is because the S10 Plus is not in the category for 4G+ speed.  Has to be Category 6 or above. (Cat 6 as they put it).  

Find that very bizarre because technically my S9+ is quicker than the S10+.  How can an updated phone possible be like that?   Doesn't make any sense at all.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tornado_Saq,

The Galaxy S10+ is a CAT 20 device.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE are disabling it from showing the +. They are now doing it on OnePlus phones by the looks of it too.  Whether they did it to stop people asking why they get 4G or 4G+ who knows, but now it means people ask why they never get 4g+.

Valued Contributor

@James_B   This just gets better and better LOL!!!   I'm on to Samsung Chat now just want to get this resolved.  

@chistery   Is it just on this handset or all because I am still getting 4G+ on my S9 Plus and on my Galaxy Tab S4???   

I am just wondering whether I am getting the quickest speed anyway but it just doesn't show as 4G+. ??  Is there anyway of comparing speeds?  

Valued Contributor

Update from above - the chat advisor is now saying the S10 Plus does support 4G+. !!!!

Shoot me somone.  

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yep, it's a modern flagship. 

EE disable the 4G+ symbol on their phones but you'll still be getting it. 

Please check *#0011# field test menu to see the field test configuration. 

Valued Contributor

@Peter_C   Just on with EE now.  

I would like to inform that if you're looking for the 4+ symbol on the device that probably not happen the reason is 4G+ & 4G stands for fourth generation mobile phone technology: a superfast, high capacity network which makes doing things on your phone seem instant. Overall means both are the same, our main concern is to make sure that our customers will get the 4G speed and at time if they are near the Mast area or in placed which is less in busy environment you may get that '+' symbol.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

They disable the symbol on their devices. It's quite understandable really as 4G+ does not equate to network experience-you can have 5 bars of 4G+ be slower than 2G for example so EE just outright disable devices with their ROM or customised from showing it. Example here: it's most definitely 4G+ from field test application (Network Signal Guru) but phone is just saying 4G. 

Screenshot_20190605-101243.jpg340mbps "4G"

If I pop the SIM in one of my non EE phones, it says 4G+. 

Valued Contributor

@Peter_C    Thanks for the above.

Not sure why, but feels slower when it doesn't show 4G+ or am I just focusing on it a bit too much?  Haha

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.