by Tornado-Saq Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

4G+ on S10 Plus

Hello, just wondering if anyone can help.  Recently got an S10 Plus and the signal is only 4G and 4G+???    It was 4G+ on my S9 Plus and also it is currently 4G+ on my Tab S4.

I believe there is an issue with the 4G signal (I am getting 4G) on the S10 Plus and thread something on a Vodafone forum as well?

Can anyone assist?  

30 REPLIES 30
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G+ on S10 Plus

4G+? What's wrong with that? It's the best you can get at the mo'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tornado-Saq 

Have you checked your local network for problems? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello @Northerner .  Thanks for the post.  I have, all is working well.  

4G is fine but for some reason 4G+ doesn't seem to be coming on.  It has been on my s9 Plus and is currently showing on my tablet.  

just a little surprised it hasn't shown up.  

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX    What????

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tornado-Saq   Is it causing a issue if it’s not showing?   

Valued Contributor

@Chris_B   It's not causing any issues.  I just don't know whether it is active or not?  Would be odd to upgrade the phone but the function of faster speed is not available on the newer phone?  

Been on to the Live Chat facility and asked me to go through settings on the phone that don't exist so think they just couldn't be bothered.  Must be really busy or something.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tornado-Saq 

• Sounds simple, but have you tried restarting your phone?
  • Can you enter *#1234# into your dialer, then post the three sets of numbers  
  • Are you on PAYG or pay monthly contract.

Lastly did you get the phone from EE?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Valued Contributor

@Northerner  it is a SIM only on EE. Done the restart etc.

Screenshot_20190525-203648_DeviceKeystring.jpgNumbers

Valued Contributor

@Northerner image doesn't seem to be showing up so I'll type it out:

Version

AP : G975FXXU1ASD5

CP : G975FXXU1ASD4

CSC : G975F0BE1ASC8

Model : SM-G975F/DS

Reception shows  Vo)) LTE1   4G

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It takes time for your pix to be approved by the Mods.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So did I!

Valued Contributor

Thanks.  Didn't realise.  Hope it does help.  Tried uploading the image to show the signal on my tablet, but keeps stating an error because of some HMTL or something.  

Valued Contributor

Hopefully it loads 

Screenshot_20190525-222307_One UI Home.jpgTablet Signal

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Tornado-Saq,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Where did you buy the phone from? Because it is not from EE, it might have slightly different menu layout depending on the software.

Do you know what settings the Live Chat guys were trying to get you to check?

Alex 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

some phones don't show 4g+, just 4G, is this one of them?

Valued Contributor

@Alex_S  Hello and many Thanks.

I bought it from a friend who had it as an upgrade from EE?  I have checked with another SIM and it is locked to EE.  Just tried again and it is definitely locked to EE.  

He was asking me to go through Mobile Data Settings and locate VoLte but I couldn't this anywhere.  He then asked to go on the voice settings to locate.

I mean don't get me wrong, the phone works fine.  Just a little confused about the 4G+ signal.  

@chistery   I am just wondering whether that might be the case but I'm still getting the 4G+ speed but it just isn't showing it as that?  I've also read Samsung are aware of certain signal issues with the new released S10 phones.   Not sure when the next update is though.  

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Tornado-Saq,

You can use our phone pages on line to fine the menu settings on your phone.

It will talk you through the settings depending on which software version your phone is on.

You can then check how the phone is set up.

Alex 🙂

Valued Contributor

@Alex_S   Thanks for this.  Got to APN type but doesn't let me type default and only allows me to choose options.  I went on setting up the Internet.  I'll wait for the next Samsung Update to see if that changes it. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions