by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

4G not working

I recently upgraded my EE contact and setup my new iPhone X 4 days ago. Since I upgraded my 4G is not working. It will not connect so I can’t use any apps on 4G. 

I have reset my network settings and checked all content is unlocked but my 4G is still not working 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: 4G not working

Thanks again @Watson714.

At this point, I'd recommend contacting our tech care team.

They will have access to your account and be able to take you through the next steps.

Jon

17 REPLIES 17
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Watson714

Welcome to the EE Community,

Can you access safari ?

If that works it sounds like your content lock has enabled itself if you log into MyEE you will be able to remove it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it any particular sites or apps or all of them?

You do have Mobile Data switched ON?

Could it be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? Content Lock is reset ON with new & upgraded phones & often blocks social sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i am am unable to load a webpage on safari when 4G is turned on also. 

All apps and safari works on WiFi but not 4G.

When end I log into EE to manage my new device, it is showing my old iPhone 7 and not my new iPhone X as a device 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Watson714

That image makes no difference and will change automatically.

Are you definitely in a 4G area? How was your 4G connection on your old device?

Can you text ba to 150, when it comes back it will tell you how much data you have to use, is this 0GB?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i never had had any issues with 4G in my area with my last device.

i have tried to text Ba to 150 but I am also having issues sms messaging since my upgrade.

SMS messaging is enabled Within settings but fails everything 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check the message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

thank you I will contact them regarding my sms message issue. 

Any recommendations for the 4G issue?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, I mean look in your phone for its Message Centre.

For the 4G issue, I said check your Content Lock status.

by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

how do do I check for the message centre? If it does not match how Cali change it?

regarding the 4G issue, I already checked and content lock was set to full access

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Look in the Message app Settings for Text msg settings.

by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I’m sorry I can’t find this setting!

in the message app settings I can’t see the text message setting or anything to do with message centre number 

by

Good Morning @Watson714.

Could you go to Settings, Phone, then make sure your number is correct where it says 'My Number'.

Is it iMessages that aren't working or texts?

Jon

by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Good morning Jon,

it it is only SMS messages and 4G.

imessage is fine.

in settings and phone my number has not transferred over from my old contract even though it has been 5-6 days.

i checked online and it said if I was upgrading but staying with EE the number should transfer over automatically? 

by

Hi @Watson714.

You will be able to edit the number in settings by just typing in the correct one.

Once you've done this, are you able to send texts now?

Jon

by Watson714 Contributor
Contributor

Hi jon, 

i have changed my phone phone number in settings to the same number as the previous contract that should have transferred over. I turned my phone off for 1 hour but I am still unable to send sms messages 

by
Solution

Thanks again @Watson714.

At this point, I'd recommend contacting our tech care team.

They will have access to your account and be able to take you through the next steps.

Jon

by Nickte Investigator
Investigator

Hope you found a solution, if not I had similar experience after installing a SIM that worked fully on Android phone but no 4G Network Data when I switched it to a iPhone.

I found that the iPhone had a previous profile stored from a different PAYG Network Service Provider that I had used briefly. I deleted this profile and 4G worked fully

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions