by Nickte Investigator
Investigator

4G iPhone Network Data issue solved

Hope this will be of help to anyone who has experienced loss of 4G data Network when switching SIM to an iPhone. I swapped my EE SIM that I was using on Android but couldnt access 4G Data only 3G on the iPhone despite going through all resets.

I eventually found the glitch was due to a previous profile on the iPhone from a different network PAYG SIM that was in my name and for some reason was conflicting with the newly installed EE SIM. Once I deleted this profile on the iPhone problem solved and 4G worked fully.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Nickte Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: 4G iPhone Network Data issue solved

Hello smvassallo I searched through my phone settings while trying to find a solution and  found the unwanted profile from a previous PAYG SIM I used. The profile was stored in the phone settings but I cannot remember exactly where, However when I found it there was an option to delete it which I did and was then able to access 4G on the newly installed SIM.

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Nickte

Thank you very much for sharing this information :)!

I am sure it will be a great help to someone in the future. 

Have a great day, 

Katie

by smvassallo

How did you remove the profile, may I ask?

by Nickte Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hello smvassallo I searched through my phone settings while trying to find a solution and  found the unwanted profile from a previous PAYG SIM I used. The profile was stored in the phone settings but I cannot remember exactly where, However when I found it there was an option to delete it which I did and was then able to access 4G on the newly installed SIM.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@smvassallo   if your device has a profile on it you need to go to settings/General/And scroll down to profiles, click it and if you have a profile it will be in there  then just delete it and then restart your device . 

EE don’t install a profile to allow you access to its cellular network.  O2 do as do other MVNO networks that use the O2 network for their customers. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.