by Wb83
Explorer

4G for home broadband

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Recently I've been with BT and had their halo package and as part of that package I had really good 4G+ and was getting over 130mbps...

Recently I've bought a new house that doesn't have a home copper phone line. Instead it has some OFNL fibre thing. Problem is, BT dont support this. So there goes my halo 4G...

So as BT have stopped providing me the home broadband, they have cut my 4G speed to 28mb.

I work from home and I have no internet here as not many people do this specific fibre setup and the slow 4G speed from BT is barely usable.

So my question, does EE provide anything suitable?

Regards

Wayne. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Wb83
Explorer

Re: 4G for home broadband

So I've found d an EE PAYG sim, topped it up and did a speed test.

I got 90mbps download speed (used all 10 quid on one test).

So if I were to get an unlimited data sim and stick it in a 4g router, would I get like a tethering limit?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Wb83,

There is a 1000GB fair usage policy and some other conditions but these do not appear to be enforced yet. 

by Wb83
Explorer

Hi Peter,

I'll be way within that as I only use 200gb a month max.

Shame theres not chat to staff on here.

Regards

Wayne

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.