by Ravenbrand Investigator
Investigator

4G exceptionally slow following 5G launch

Good afternoon,

I like many others have noticed a significant drop in data connection quality since the launch of 5G by EE.

I would like to take a moment to point out that to deliberately lower the quality of service within an established contract with no prior consent from both parties is a flagrant breach of contract and were it the other way around, you would be seeking damages.

I wonder just how many customers you have affected, and how much the monetary cost will be if even one of those takes legal council against EE and their breach of trust.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G exceptionally slow following 5G launch

@Ravenbrand   Can you provide that proof to backup that claim.   I’m not saying your wrong but you’ve made a statement saying that this is the case.  

EE are doing mast upgrades so there will be times when network output will be diminished in some areas this can not be avoided. It’ll be a case if waiting to see what happens when 5G goes live in your area.    

Investigator

I unfortunately did not have the foresight to take many screenshots before the changeover, i have a few but they date back in March. However a quick search on the forums here will provide a fair overview of the situation.

This thread in particular provides a lot of evidence: 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4G-and-mobile-data/4G-Extremely-Slow/m-p/784833#M127362

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Ravenbrand

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you reported this to our Tech Gurus?

They will be able to get this looked into for you and help you with your data speed.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ravenbrand   And read what I put above about mast upgrades.  

Investigator

Is there any need to be condescending?

What makes you believe i didn't read it?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Ravenbrand

If you can give us a call on 150, our Tech Gurus will be able to get this looked into for you.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.