by Gem_1977

4G doesnt work on social media Apps on iphone 8 when not connected to Wi-Fi

Hi 

I have an iPhone 8 and for months now my phone wont connect to WhatsApp, FB and Messenger and very rarely will the internet work on my phone if I'm out and I have to wait to get Wi-Fi, all it says constantly is 'waiting to reconnect'.  Its driving me mad, I went into EE yesterday and they are not sure what to do and my phone is out of the 1 year warranty.  Any ideas how I can get this sorted? My other half has the same phone and he has no issues at all!  

Thanks very much! 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4G doesnt work on social media Apps on iphone 8 when not connected to Wi-Fi

@Gem_1977   Login to your online account and make sure content lock is off  Even if it is turn it to strict and then restart the device now turn content lock back off and try again.  You could also try a network reset on the device by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4G doesnt work on social media Apps on iphone 8 when not connected to Wi-Fi

@Gem_1977   Login to your online account and make sure content lock is off  Even if it is turn it to strict and then restart the device now turn content lock back off and try again.  You could also try a network reset on the device by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting.  

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.