by Njcon Investigator
Investigator

4G data cut out randomly and hasn't returned

I was out on a walk the day before yesterday happily listening away to my apple music subscription when suddenly my data cut out. I thought nothing of it at the time and presumed it was a network issue (the app stated 'this is our problem, we're working on it!').

Fast forward 2 days later and my data still isn't working. I've called EE but I was only told that 'your phone isn't supported by us' and then I was sent a bing search query of ee internet settings through a text message...

I've tried changing the API settings manually and setting them back to default but no matter what I do I can't get a 4G internet connection. I have the up and down arrow next to the 4G symbol.

My phone is a Lenovo Zuk Z2 plus (the 5' screen model) running Marshmallow 6.0.1. My service has been great since getting my contract in december last year and I've had no troubles with my data until just the other day.

Not sure if this could be part of it but I always thought it was strange that my internet settings by default are set as T-Mobile (I know it's the same company but since my contrat is through EE I would have expected to see that name instead).

Thanks in advance,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4G data cut out randomly and hasn't returned

Hi @Njcon

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Is this the only application you are having data problems on?

Have you actually ran out data?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Njcon Investigator
Investigator

No it's not just this application I can't access anything. I still have half the data left on my package for the month but I'm unable to use any of it now because I have no internet connection over mobile data.

by

Hi @Njcon

I would encourage you to escalate through our technical team to see if they can do anything to help.

However as they say the device isn't supported, then this may be a stumbling block.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Njcon Investigator
Investigator

I wouldn't hold out much hope since I've already tried that and the help they tried to give was.... Adequate at best.

I see theres other posts with people having similar issues to me. Randomly cut out data. Could it possibly be something on EE's side?

by

There has been no reports that I have seen or heard @Njcon

Please feel free to flag with technical and they are best placed to help you further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.