by Dowdsm1 Investigator
Investigator

4G coverage on Isle of Barra (Postcode HS9 5)

Hi, please can you tell me when the 4-5 sites that are being upgraded / newly built on the island will be live?

You had 3 x 2G sites and were planning to upgrade those to 4G and build a few new macro sites.

When will these be live?

(These were planned more than a year ago).

Thanks

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G coverage on Isle of Barra (Postcode HS9 5)

@Dowdsm1  This is a public forum that doesn’t have access to exactly what EE has planned.  You might be better off call customer services but I wouldn’t be surprised if they can not find out this information also.  

by Dowdsm1 Investigator
Investigator

Strange as someone from EE customer service commented nearly two years ago when I asked a similar question.

And if Customer Services have no idea what is being planned in terms of nextwork expansion / improvement or are unable to obtain that information from their sister department fairly easily (as I gave the postcode)

@Chris_Bwrote:

@Dowdsm1  This is a public forum that doesn’t have access to exactly what EE has planned.  You might be better off call customer services but I wouldn’t be surprised if they can not find out this information also.  

, that is pretty hopeless customer service in my view......

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dowdsm1. But if you asked a customer service agent a few years ago then why are you asking now in a public forum that doesn’t have access to what EE has/might be planing.   This is not customer service and has no links with customer services and its just a public forum that is used for general help and advice.    

A customer service agent can only go off what’s official.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Dowdsm1

Thank you for taking the time to post today. Smiley Happy

You're absolutely correct, the EE Community Support Team can check this information for you from here on the Community. I myself have asked the EE Community Support Team to check problems at certain locations and I have just clicked on your profile and last time @Lee_H was providing the information. So, I'm not entirely sure why you're being advised that the information can't be accessed from the public forum, when similar information has already been provided to you previously.

I'm tagging @Richard_C and hopefully he will be able to find out the information for you. Smiley Happy

As far as I'm aware, the Community Support Team finish at 4pm today, so they'll pick this up and respond when they're next available which is tomorrow at some point. Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dowdsm1

Thanks for tagging @Inyourbox 🙂

I shall certainly see if I can find anything out.

I will update you as and when I hear anything.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dowdsm1

Any remaining upgrades for existing sites and the bringing online of new sites on Barra will be completed over the coming months.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.