by willtaylor_1312 Investigator
Investigator

4G and text messages not working

I've recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung s9. When I use 4G I get a Sign in to Network notification. When I tap on that it takes me to a screen to buy more data. This screen also states I have no data left and has a phone number on it that isn't mine. I have 11.1 GB left according to the My EE app. I also just get failed to send messages when trying to send texts.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G and text messages not working

@willtaylor_1312  Did you get a new SIM card ? If you did has your number migrated to that new SIM card yet ?    Have you tried restarting the device? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check the message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I used the sim from my old phone. I've tried restarting the phone. I've just noticed that the number that's coming up on the buy more data screen is that of the new sim card that came with the phone.

Investigator

Just tried the new sim instead of the old one and it all seems fine now, fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming to the community @willtaylor_1312

Glad the new SIM card is working for you.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions