by PipFarden
Explorer

4G and 3G

I have recently recived my EE 4GEE sim in the mail, when i have enough service for 4G it works perfectly fine and everything loads normally, when it is on 3G nothing loads at all. its the same as having the mobile data turned off

9 REPLIES 9
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: 4G and 3G

Hi,

@PipFarden

4G vs 3G: What's the difference

because 4G is faster than 3G same as home broadband if you have fiber broadband that will be faster than normal broadband.

Many Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PipFarden   What device do you have and have you got it set to connect to 4G only ? 

by PipFarden
Explorer

No, 3G does not work at all for me, nothing ever loads on it. On every App it says "no internet connection" 

by PipFarden
Explorer

I have the Iphone 6 and i dont know, how do i change it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PipFarden   This is simple with this device as it does it for you and you have nothing to set on it.   But you can check just to make sure your using calls and data over 4G.

go to Settings>Mobile data>Mobile Data Options>Enable 4G and then set it to Voice and Data. 

by PipFarden
Explorer

@Chris_B yes, i have it set on voice and data. it has been set on this the whole time. Whenever i turn on my mobile data it is on 3G, sometimes i get 4G. When on 3G it says "no internet connection" on all of my apps. when on 4G everything works perfectly

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Try performing a network reset by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, follow the prompts until your iPhone reboots.

by
EE Employee

Hi @PipFarden and welcome to the community.

If you are stilling having any issues after following advice from fellow forum users please do contact customer services.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PipFarden  It might be worth having a look at THIS as there could just be a mast issue in your area.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.