by deans6571 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

4G Service is Appalling.....

At my local train station, Sanderstead (Station Approach, Sanderstead Road, London,
CR2 0PL), 4G service is absolutely atricious!

Trying to view twitter just results in pictures not loading up in tweets and facebook also takes ages to load up pictures....???!

Additionally, this morning, I tried to send a media message on my iPhone 8 Plus, and I layter discovered that the message was sent as a text message due to poor network coverage?? Smiley Sad

Also, at London Bridge Rail Station (London SE1 3QX), 4G service is RIDICULOUSLY slow.....

Again, using twitter and facebook takes ABSOLUTELY AGES to  load up pictures.

This is  a real life example (this is a screen recording of my iPhone 8 Plus, in real time. The pics are supposed to be on the right hand side of the tweets and even though I have 4G service - NOTHING is loading) :

As you can plainly see - the pictures are taking stupidly long to load up??

Why is 4G SOOOOO SLOW?????????????

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: 4G Service is Appalling.....

My experience of EE in London is similar. I have no idea how Rootmetrics manage to do so well in London on EE!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @deans6571,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Have you reported these issues with the network status checker?

Thanks

James

by deans6571 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_Bwrote:

Hi @deans6571,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Have you reported these issues with the network status checker?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

I haven't checked on the status checker myslef however, I was talking to EE on twitter and they did a check themselves which showed no issues.

They also advised that this was probably down to the sheer volume of people all signing into the same EE mast at each location at the same time during peak times thereby reducing the general speed of the network.

Sounds like there's not a lot anybody can do about it other than installing more masts!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @deans6571,

I would recommend reporting the issues with the status checker.

This will ensure our engineers investigate and you'll receive regular text updates.

Find out more about registering for my place updates >

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Stand outside BT HQ in tyhe City of London top speed is about 4mbps down 🙂 Opp is the London Stock Exchange, you would think in the financial centre of the UK speeds would be far better.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.