by TB2
Visitor

4G Home Broadband - Very Slow Download in daytime/ Fast Upload

Hi. I live in a semi-rural area and have had the EE4G Home router for about 4 months. The first 2 months were fantastic I was really pleased with typical day time download speeds of 20MB plus.

Then the download speed started to vary and would often drop below 5MB. This went on for around 2 weeks and now when I do a speed test, I often get less than 1MB. The upload remains high and generally always over 10 MB.

I have automated speed tests every hour and I see a clear pattern of superfast download speeds when everybody is asleep (e.g. 25-40MB between midnight and 6am). Then in the morning after 6am it plummets back to less than 1MB with the odd result around 5-8MB but mainly below 1MB.

I had the aerial professionally fitted and that has been checked again by TSG. It feels like contention to me but I’m just surprised at how quick the performance has deteriorated. I have had a support ticket open for a few weeks and looks like they cannot find any issues. I was just wondering if anyone has had this and managed to get to resolved in some way. I was really pleased when it was working.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4G Home Broadband - Very Slow Download in daytime/ Fast Upload

Hi @TB2.

Thanks for coming to the community.

I'm glad to hear you've already got a ticket raised on this, that will be the best way to come up with a solution.

Hopefully another user with an aerial fitted can share their experiences with you, but you've already done everything I would suggest so far.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.