by liamtudor99 Investigator
Investigator

3G isn't working properly

Basically. it's hard to explain and sounds weird but here it goes -

All June my 3G hasn't been working properly, my IMessage works and Safari works but social media apps like twitter/snapchat/Facebook etc all don't work. I called up EE and they said even though I've got an unlimited data plan its been froze because I've been using it too much, which was fine because that made sense as we had a power cut and I was forced to use 3G for an entire day or two. I topped up my phone for the unlimited data plan I have on Thursday in preparation for this month and now it's July 1st and my 3G still doesn't work properly even though my data should be replenished? Help please I've ran out off ideas 😞

P.S My mobile data and data roaming and all that stuff is turned on, my safari and and iMessage works on 3G but not other apps 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 3G isn't working properly

@liamtudor99  Have you tried restarting the device?   Have you tried a network refresh on the device? 

Investigator

Just reset my networks settings and still isn't working and I've restarted my phone plenty of times, is it a possibility that I have to wait a while before it kicks in? Or should it definitely of replenished at midnight?

this could be it because I've never actually ran out off data before therefore I don't know how long it should take to kick in

by
EE Employee

Hi @liamtudor99

It should start straight away once it hits midnight on your refresh date.

Is it just internet based apps that aren't working or do you get an error when accessing safari as well?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy 

Investigator

Nope, Safari is working perfectly and so is IMessage. Any other app doesn't work on 3G, EE support on the phone said because I've overused my 3G they've froze me from using other apps but surely I should be able to use those apps on 3G now it's a new month and gone past my refresh date?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @liamtudor99 are you on an EE, T-Mobile or Orange Plan? What plan do you have if you can remember (you said you topped it up so I am guessing it is PAYG?)

3G stopped working properly for me last month (Orange) and speeds dropped to more like 2G/Edge. I got it resolved by calling customer service who reset my data service at their end. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @liamtudor99

It's nothing to do with your data refreshing as you wouldn't be able to access safari or use iMessage.

I would of thought a reset network settings would of fixed it.

Can you try deleting and reinstalling one of the apps that isn't working - to see if this then works.

Also are you on the latest software and carrier settings?

Investigator

I'm on EE, but thank you I'll call customer service now and see if they can fix it on their end 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @liamtudor99

Did you try deleting and reinstalling one of the apps?

Also check your carrier and software settings.

Investigator

Yes I did delete and reinstall Snapchat but it still doesn't work 😞 all the settings are on too

by
EE Employee

Hmmmm it's strange! :smileyconfused:

If you speak to customer services they'll be able to do a refresh of settings from our side.

I'm more inclined to think it's something up on the phone as your data is working - it's just not the apps.

Pop back and let us know how it goes!

Investigator

Okay will do thank you 

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.