Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

2GB of data used up in 1 day???

At 17:49 I received a text telling me I'd used 80% of my data. (I have a 2GB per month contract). My month started yesterday! I clicked the link to check usage - had to turn Wifi off to do this. It told me I had 159MB of the 2GB left.  Worse, at 17:53 I got another text telling me ALL of my data had been used!! I have been on Wifi since yesterday. Wifi assist is switched off. I haven't done anything that is data heavy - just some social media browsing and like I said, Wifi has been on anyway. I have an iPhone 8. Nothing like this has happened before. Help, please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: 2GB of data used up in 1 day???

Thanks @MrsAllen.

In this case, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team so they can check your account and see what has happened to your data.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mrsrallen  in setting>iTunes App Store do you have Automatic downloads enabled for cellular data ? 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

No, everything is off. 

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Does your phone's data counter give any clues as to whether particular apps have eaten through this volume of data?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

That’s the thing; there’s absolutely nothing that suggests a particular app has used the data. Nothing out of the ordinary. (Though I haven’t reset the current period for 5 years so nothing appears to be a big number over that time)

Highlighted
by

Hi @MrsAllen.

Welcome to the community.

Did you buy a data add-on last month?

Sometimes if you bought an add-on and it runs into your next month, you'll get a text to say you've used up your data but it's actually the add-on.

Jon

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

No, not that either. I’ve never bought ads ons. I’ve always managed with 2GB, even if my daughter has used it up just before the end of the month. She hasn’t needed to use it being at home. I haven’t needed to use 4G being at home. 

Highlighted
by
Solution

Thanks @MrsAllen.

In this case, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team so they can check your account and see what has happened to your data.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Not really a solution as such as to what happened to the 2GB, but have upgraded to a 50GB sim only. And it was recommended to download the My Data Manager app to the phone to monitor what's using up the data. 

Highlighted
by

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @MrsAllen 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.