by Omegadash
Explorer

10gb not working

Hi, I am in London till the 2 December and bought a 500mb and 150min sim with free 10gb data at Heathrow airport. When trying to activate the 10gb with the code LHR10 to 150 I receive the message ”Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Please check you have an active Pay As You Go pack and have called, text or used data during the lifetime of your pack.". I have tried activating top up card as well but no luck.

17 REPLIES 17
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 10gb not working

Hello there @Omegadash

Thanks for coming to the community.

Does the SIM card package have an expiry date at all?

Also was this purchased from a vending machine in Heathrow?

Hope you are having a great time in London 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 tell you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Omegadash
Explorer

I bought it from the local sim shop. I couldn't find an expiry date on it. We were going to buy the 2/3GB data sims but the lady at the shop gave us this instead. We're not down for long and need this sorted out ASAP. This is for both mine and my brothers sims. AL indicates the remainder of 500MB

by
EE Employee

by donald4pang
Visitor

Hi Lee,

Could you please help me out as well cuz I got the same question. When I text LHR10 to 150, it comes out the same words ”Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Please check you have an active Pay As You Go pack and have called, text or used data during the lifetime of your pack.". I have no idea what's going wrong here.

Would you please help me?

Donald

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @donald4pang

I have sent you a private message to assist with this issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Tony118
Visitor

Hi Lee, can you please help? I've got the same problem with the SIM card I bought from Simlocal at Heathrow this afternoon. Many thanks

by

Hi @Tony118

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I've sent over a private message requesting your details.

I'll get someone to look into this for you.

Chris

by Gladzzz Investigator
Investigator

Hi! I am facing the same issue. I got the card at Gatwick Airport and the code was LHR10, and now I am in Greece to activate the card, it says offer not available. Please help!!!!

by Ivanpoocky13

I got the same issue, bought mine at heathrow yesterday and can’t take the promotion. Thanks. 

by

Hi @Ivanpoocky13

A warm welcome to our community 🙂

Just to let you know that the 10GB will be added automatically once you've used the pre-activated 500MB allowance.

So please don't worry, you'll be fine.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Sylvi1

Hello Lee,

we got the exact same issue. Could you help me too as soon as you can please.

thank you,

Sylviane

by

Morning @Sylvi1

Welcome to the community.

What reply do you get when you text BALANCE to 150?

When did you get the SIM card?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Rachaelm16

Hi Lee I am also having this same issue! I bought this SIM card yesterday from a WH Smith in London Heathrow and am receive this message “Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Please check you have an active Pay As You Go pack and have called, text or used data during the lifetime of your pack.” when I text LHR10 to 150. When I text BA I am told I only have 2.8gb remaining can you please assist?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Rachelm16 and welcome to the community.

You have to use your standard data allowance first and then the 10GB will activate within 24 hours.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ms1998
Visitor

I have the same issue here. My 500mb data finished around 8 hours ago and have not received the 10gb free 

by

Morning @Ms1998

Welcome to the community.

I have replied to your private message now.

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.