by Arrolman Investigator
Investigator

10gb data running out in less than 20 days

Hi,

My current plan has 10gb of data per month as I use 4G for work purposes quite a lot, however, in the past few months I keep running out a week or so short of the refresh date. 10gb was lasting me well over the month but I cant keep it under 10 now. Daily usage is an hour or two on facebook, whatsapp moat of the day and news apps. All settings are at minimal data usage with data saving on, no autoplqy on videas/music yet im still using all my data up? I used to use digital radio daily on my phone and using this never ran the 10gb down? Anyone any idea? Frankly ridiculous to be paying 45 quid a month and then having to pay more for data on top of this.

Thanks,

Iain

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 10gb data running out in less than 20 days

Hi @Arrolman.

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What is the make and model of the device that you're using?

I'll do my best to help.

Chris 🙂

by Arrolman Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

HTC 10. Just to add, phone is set to update/download on wifi only also.

Cheers,

Iain

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @Arrolman. 🙂

It sounds from your message that you're really doing your best to monitor your usage.

Check out the 'Viewing the data usage of apps' section on the HTC 10 section of the HTC website. That explains how to check how much data each of your apps have used through specific periods of time.

The 'Keeping track of your data usage' section explains how to reset the data timers if you'd like to monitor from scratch going forward.

Let me know if that helps.

Chris 🙂

by Arrolman Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

I already monitor apps and have a monthly data monitor, its recently shown that facebook has used over 5gb in just over 2 weeks, even with data saver on and on its minimal setting. This seems excessive to me for only a couple lf hours browsing a day and sparing use of messenger, I have deleted the facebook app and reinstalled last week to see if this makes any difference

Cheers,

Iain

by

Let us know if that makes a difference, @Arrolman.

It may be worth having a chat with our customer services if you need more help.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.